Shepherd 2 Shepherd Ministries functions as an umbrella organization to propagate and support pastoral retreats in North America and around the world. S2S actively develops new retreat locations and supports existing retreats who join the S2S network.
As an umbrella, S2S offers support in the following ways:
- Prayer – A prayer team/person will be assigned to each specific retreat to uphold hosts, workers, guests, and property
- Discipleship and mentoring for S2S hosts and workers
- Newsletters, web forums and blogs for spiritual encouragement and Biblical instruction
- A local (within the state or province) board or executive committee that will offer prayer support, counsel, and local contact
- Leasing retreats from property owners / property hosts
- Provide insurance to cover guests and property
- Property development, facility updating, furnishing and maintenance costs
- 501c3 non-profit status for tax benefits
- Provision for the expenses of a guest’s visit
- Providing teams of volunteer workers such as carpenters, landscapers, maintenance, etc
- Lawyers and accountants to assist with legal and financial matters specific to the retreat location
- Medical doctors, nutritionalists and counsellors as resources for specific needs encountered during a pastor’s retreat
- Furniture, equipment, supplies and tools for the development and maintenance of retreats
The S2S umbrella is not possible without God’s provision. For this reason, we encourage all who come under the S2S umbrella to look past S2S and ultimately trust Jesus for all provisions related to the specific retreat location and ministry.
At S2S we are continually in prayer asking the Lord to provide the people, resources and expertise in every area necessary to be successful in the ministry the Lord has entrusted us. If you sense the Lord’s leading to participate in S2S with your gifts and expertise, please let us know and we can seek the Lord together for how He would have you serve in S2S Ministries.